Happy New Year! Like most people, I am excited to wish 2020 a farewell and welcome 2021. We are very excited at “Your” Lenawee Community Foundation. I have served as President and CEO for five months now and I am very excited about the future of the foundation and our community.
Part of my role will be to continue to educate our community about the impact a community foundation can have on a community. More importantly, the positive impact we can have on our community when we partner with others that want to make a difference. How can an individual or organization partner with the Lenawee Community Foundation?
You can make a gift that lasts forever and establishes your legacy of giving. The Community Foundation offers the power of endowment, where a portion of your fund is invested so that it can grow over time. Earnings from this investment are used to make grants that benefit this community forever. Your gift creates a lasting stream of funding available for community good.
Powered by generous donors, local leaders, and steadfast partners, “Your” Lenawee Community Foundation builds on the collective strength of this county to make life better here. We multiply the impact of each individual gift by investing them together for maximum return and impact. We invite everyone to join us in building a stronger community.
I would like to share several highlights of 2020 for LCF:
(1) Our team was able to raise over $650,000 in Covid-19 relief funds. These funds were distributed throughout Lenawee County, supporting many of our non-profit agencies and food pantries.
(2) We completed our strategic plan. Our primary goals are:
– Being viewed as a leader in the community, focusing on collaboration and teamwork to address our communities most important needs.
– Growing your community assets so that we can do even more. In 2020 we gifted approximately $2.5 million in the form of grants back to our community, touching every part of the Lenawee community. We currently have $30 million in assets. Our ten-year goal is to have $80 million in assets so that we can grant between $6 and $7 million back to support and improve the lives of all in our community.
We have a terrific team at LCF. Our board members include:
- Dave Hickman
- Kris Schmidt
- Jim Kapnick
- Scott Hill
- Bob Vogel
- Doug Gray
- Rick Gurdjian
- Nicki Underwood
- Dave Pray
- Merri Jo Bales
- Chuck Gross
- Frank Dick
- Paula Holtz
- Ben Negron
- Dave Herriman
- Ilsiia Shakirova, Youth Council – Tecumseh Schools
- Gabee Stringer, Youth Council – Britton/Deerfield Schools
Our remarkable staff includes:
- Paula Trentman
- Cynthia Heady
- Jim Southard
- Janie Colton
We look forward to serving our Lenawee Community during 2021. Please consider partnering with us in improving the lives of all living in Lenawee County. Our team at LCF would love to have a conversation with you, explaining what we do, how we do it, and most importantly, how you can help.
Have a blessed year!
Joe Williams is President and CEO of the Lenawee Community Foundation, assists individuals, corporations, and organizations in fulfilling their charitable goals for our community. He can be reached at 517-423-1729 or via email.