Field of Interest Funds
A Field of Interest Fund allows a donor to support a broad area, such as health, youth, the arts, services to seniors, economic development or whatever charitable issue the donor chooses. Donors may also support their home community, where local advisory committees make recommendations for grants. A personal interest area is identified when the gift is made, and then the Lenawee Community Foundation Board of Directors makes grants to community agencies and programs that are making a difference in the area that has been selected.
For a complete list of field of interest funds visit the Lenawee Community Foundation Annual Reports.
How a Field of Interest Fund Works
A Field of Interest Fund is a way to make your philanthropic dreams come true. A field of interest fund is a great way to provide grant dollars For good For ever. Grants fed the hungry, helped domestic violence survivors, built after-school assets, assisted youth programs, supported a careers and colleges program, promoted literacy, assisted with housing, built wheelchair ramps, and more.
- You identify an area of personal interest.
- You make a gift to your community foundation during your lifetime or through a bequest in your will.
- We set up a fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits.
- Our professional staff evaluates needs in your area of interest that would be most impacted by grants from your gift.
- Our board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (or if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
- We handle all the administrative details.
- Your gift is invested with earnings utilized for grants. Your gift and all future earnings are a permanent source of community capital for good for ever.
Reasons You May Wish to Give through the Lenawee Community Foundation
- You know us – we are a local organization, with broad expertise and personalized service.
- You can invest in causes you care about.
- You can make a variety of gifts. We accept many different assets and partner with professional advisors.
- You can multiply your impact and create a personal legacy.
A Personal Connection
The Patrick Gill Empty Bowls Field of Interest Fund provides grants to nonprofits that provide food for Lenawee residents in need. Prior to entering Aquinas College to pursue his passion for writing, philosophy, religion, and art, Patrick tragically lost his life when another driver’s error resulted in an auto accident. In memory of Patrick, he challenges all of us to live life with purpose, to care deeply, and to share completely. As he once said, “There would be no hunger in this world if only we could learn how to share.”