The Lenawee Community Foundation recognizes that each individual, family, organization, or corporation with whom we work has unique charitable interests and financial circumstances. Therefore, we are willing to assist you in assessing the many options for giving.
Your gifts may be given now or through a will or trust. While gifts of cash are always appreciated, following are some other ways to give that offer different types of benefits to donors.
- You can make a charitable gift from your estate through a Will or Trust. You can leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of the assets to the Lenawee Community Foundation.
- Donate appreciated assets such as stocks or real estate. You could receive two tax benefits: the bypass of the capital gains tax, plus a tax deduction for a charitable contribution.
- Name the Lenawee Community Foundation as the beneficiary of your pension plan or IRA.
- Purchase a life insurance policy or donate a life insurance policy you no longer need by naming the Lenawee Community Foundation as the beneficiary and owner, and receive a tax deduction for the policy value or payments.
- Acknowledge special people in your life through honorary, memorial or annual gifts.
- Deed your home to the Foundation, while living in it for the rest of your life.
- Create a trust. You can support your family now and charity later, or vice versa.
- Purchase a Charitable Gift Annuity and receive income for life.