The Lenawee Community Foundation assists individuals, businesses, communities and organizations in achieving their charitable goals for our community.
What are the Benefits of Building a Healthier Community in partnership with the Lenawee Community Foundation?
Supporting the Lenawee County community and its future is the key reason most contributors choose to give through the Lenawee Community Foundation. Other advantages include:
- Donor Focus – The Foundation provides tools and resources to make giving easy and flexible.
- Local Expertise – Grants are targeted for the maximum benefit for our community. We closely monitor community needs, opportunities and resources, and are willing to assist donors in making their giving as impactful as possible.
- Permanence – Most gifts to the community foundation are endowed to last and make a local impact forever.
- Accountability – Board and staff members assure accountability to the community through sound financial and investment policies and management, including professional investment managers and an annual audit.
- Economies of Scale – Although each fund has its own identity, purpose and data tracking, funds are pooled for investment purposes. This reduces risk, maximizes performance and lowers overhead costs for each fund. There are many ways to contribute and accomplish one’s charitable objectives, while minimizing paperwork that individuals might have to do on their own.
- Tax Advantages – Federal tax deductions are available to donors who itemize.
- Community Leadership – The Foundation is governed by local community leaders, who nurture giving, stewardship and volunteerism.
What are Some Ways to Contribute?
The Lenawee Community Foundation recognizes that each individual, family, organization or corporation with whom we work has unique charitable interests and financial circumstances. Your attorney, accountant, insurance agent, financial planner or trust officer can assist you in determining the methods that will achieve your charitable goals, while receiving the maximum tax and legal advantages allowed for your gift.
Have Questions? Contact Us for additional information or help!