Thanks to many generous donors of time, talent, and treasure, who enable the Lenawee Community Foundation to build a better community! You are invited to celebrate with us.
From November 12-18, 2018, we are joining more than 795 community foundations across America celebrating Community Foundation Week. Since former President George H.W. Bush first honored the work of community foundations 29 years ago, the annual celebration has provided an opportunity to share our thanks, and raise awareness about what donors can achieve through partnering with Lenawee Community Foundation.
Community foundations are independent nonprofits that assist individuals, other nonprofits, businesses, and communities with their charitable goals. Over the last ten years generous donors have partnered with the Lenawee Community Foundation to:
- Provide nearly $15 million in grants and scholarships – more than any other nongovernmental organization.
- Create Lenawee Cares, the annual fall campaign that makes grants to nonprofits to address basic needs, such as food, clothing, and housing.
- Strengthen our community with the Imagination Library, Lenawee YOUTH Council, VOLUNTEER Lenawee!, and Hunters Helping Lenawee, while enhancing community partnerships, such as Lenawee College Access Network and Weekend Snack Sacks.
- Work to build a brighter future for Lenawee through permanently endowed gifts from which earnings benefit Lenawee forever.
The Lenawee Community Foundation attributes its success to:
- Honoring our donors’ wishes and values.
- Assuring wise use and stewardship of gifts by utilizing sound financial and investment strategies, meeting national standards, and receiving a clean opinion on each annual audit.
- Partnering with financial advisors to assure that donors receive the maximum tax and legal advantages from their charitable gifts.
- Sharing our donors’ passion for our community, as we assist them in fulfilling their charitable wishes.
Are you interested in ensuring your heartfelt giving has the greatest, long-lasting impact? Would you like to leave a legacy to benefit your favorite cause forever? You may be surprised that almost everyone can do so. You don’t have to be rich to leave a legacy, and with good planning you can benefit your family and your community.
Want to learn more or explore your charitable wishes? Contact us or call (517) 423-1729.