The Boards of Directors of the Lenawee Community Foundation and Lenawee United Way have each voted unanimously to pursue an alliance.
While seeking a more efficient business model, the Lenawee United Way reached out to neighboring United Ways, as well as its state and national associations. But ultimately, an alliance with the Lenawee Community Foundation made the most sense because:
- Both organizations exist to serve our local community.
- We can accomplish more together than we can separately.
- It is best for our Lenawee County community.
We have conducted due diligence and worked through many details. Next steps will include reaching out to donors and corporations to share the plan and get feedback, as well as conducting a vote by United Way members to approve the plan. We will keep our community apprised of the progress.
While there will be changes, we anticipate the following results for donors and our community:
- More of the funds raised through the annual campaign will be put into local programs and services.
- The focus on health and human services will increase with an emphasis on meeting basic needs.
- We will increase philanthropy with one organization addressing both current and future community issues in Lenawee.
Both organizations are confident that the alliance will build a stronger, healthier, and more vibrant Lenawee County community for everyone.
Sue Hammersmith Joe Williams
President & CEO President
Lenawee Community Foundation Lenawee United Way Board of Directors