Learn how to keep our Nonprofit Legal – Workshop
Attention nonprofit board members and executive directors! We welcome you to come to our workshop on Keeping Your Nonprofit Legal! Learn about what it takes to keep a nonprofit from getting in trouble. Suann Hammersmith of the Lenawee Community Foundation will be presenting on what you need to know to properly maintain a nonprofit the legal way.
Do you know the answers to these key questions:
- The penalties for not sharing your nonprofit IRS filings upon request?
- How improper receipting of gifts can negate donors’ charitable deductions?
- When you must pay sales or unrelated business income tax?
- When a raffle or solicitation license is required?
- 3 easy ways you can lose your nonprofit status?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions you should attend Keeping Your Nonprofit Legal, sponsored by the Lenawee Community Foundation. The workshop will be held on May 30, 2014 from 8:00-10:30 a.m. at the LISD TECH Center in Classroom. Suann Hammersmith, President & CEO of the Lenawee Community Foundation, will be the presenter.
Benefits to you and your organization will include:
- Being informed about legal requirements for nonprofit organizations
- Learning best practices that assure effective management and governance
- Getting tips for managing risks 2
- Being assured that you aren’t missing something that could result in personal liability, harm to your nonprofit, or loss of tax exemption.
The cost for the first attendee is $20. Registrations for additional persons from the same organization are $10. To register or for more information contact Suann Hammersmith.